Saturday, October 20, 2012

Research Nugget

A Pca buddy of mine responded to one of my internet "What Next" inquiries. He called my attention to a screening procedure known as a choline scan. The purpose of this scan is to detect prostate cancer at very low levels throughtout the body wherever it may exist. This procedure is currently available only at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. I contacted UFPTI to get their opinion of this technique. Conceivably it offers a far better alternative to waiting until the cancer progresses to the point that it is detectable by the more common but less sensitive screening methods..
Dr Gud E. Nuff  agreed the choline scan may provide the information needed to develop an effective treatment plan. I am currently scheduled for such a scan on July 12th; my appointments are as follows:
A.M.
1, Preliminary lab workup.
2,MRI
P.M
3. Choline Scan
4.Followup consultation with a Mayo physician to discuss results and treatment options.
In the meantime I will continue to research with a focus on hormone therapy.The choline scan, however, has the potential to change everything.
The tumultuous journey continues.

No comments: